Saturday 7 September 2013

Where on earth has Clapton been?

As many of you who follow me on twitter know already, I have been an extremely busy doggie these last few weeks helping the Typist with a big project at work....we have been trapped in the salt mines for almost a month now with no time for much of anything....well, this week the project was supposed to be coming to a close but we had to do a tour of six countries in a week to make sure that happened.....

...a Sunday morning departure on the Eurostar train from London...i made sure I had my ID with me.....we went through the big tunnel under the sea and emerged in France....typist was bashing away at his iPad trying to answer 100s of emails....I was watching out for the lady with the coffee.....

.....we went through Belgium and I disembarked in Brussels...only to have to get onto the big ICE train heading for Frankfurt in Germany.....we waved to our European friends as we went along....

...a nice German lady brought me some sweets for the journey......

....after 6 long hours we arrived at Frankfurt airport...they have a train station there too....it was quite late but we were staying at a hotel at the airport so we did not have far to go to find out bed.....are you counting? That's four different countries in one day!!

...and comfy beds they were too....

...in the morning I made sure the typist had a nutritious breakfast so that he was fuelled for the day.....

.....we waited to be joined by the rest of the team....I did manage to catch up for a few minutes with friends on Twitter whilst the typist talked on the phone....that's the last you will be seeing of the Mac Book though...later in the day there was an accident and it now has a broken screen and can't be used any more.Luckily we had the iPad with us so all was not lost....

....i was sorry that the world famous German efficiency let us down a bit...try as I might I could not get the coffee machine to make any coffee .........when the rest of the team arrived we took a long taxi ride to a small town in Germany....

....there was a long meeting but thankfully there were provisions on hand to keep us going....i hid under the table so that i was not in the way...

...in the evening we stayed in a very funny old hotel....this was our desk for the evening....100s of e-mails had been piling up during the day so we had to work until the bats were flying around outside....

..i made sure that vitamins and minerals were in plentiful supply for the evening session....

......after another day of meetings i found myself back at Frankfurt airport.....we only had a very short flight....just 45 minutes...

.....i was vey impressed that they caught us on the way in....i wonder what Instagram filter they used?....

.....there was just time to catch up on more e-mails before heading off for our naps.....

....we got a little look at Prague from the window of the hotel in the morning...the Czechs said it was cold but it felt warm to me........

...and after breakfast I had to walk across the famous Wenceslas Square....he's on his horse at the top of the square in front of the museum...

...when there was a break in proceedings I tried to tidy up a bit......

...a kind lady showed us how to get around on the trams....Prague is a very beautiful city indeed...

...and at the end of a long hard day the Czechs certainly know how to unwind....this is their number one export...

....and I found the hotel had some extremely useful signs......

....we had a few brief moments of humour along the way...this little meeting made our meeting come to a grinding halt....

....we made conference calls...

...and we read contracts......

.....and we worked hard and tried to relax at the end of each day with a nice warm shower.....will this make my fur sticky?....

.....and by Friday afternoon our work was done, a deal was sealed and a Blue Moon rose over Prague....
I hope that explains why you have not seen much of me this week. Did you count the countries? We missed one out...on the first day we also wooshed through the Netherlands on the train but I think i was asleep and forgot to take a picture...

Clapton...back at BT HQ...

6 comments:

  1. Yoo iz lyk Filius Fogg Clapton! Yoo shud markit dem hambergerz wiv legs - speshul snax fwum wownd da werld snootered owt by a paw fur paws! Shoor yoo woz gwate elp to Typist! Ope yoo iz gettin bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck Clapton, you are a busy dawg. Hope your werk gives ya extra bonuses n noms n naps for all that busy travellin stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy smokes, Clapton! That is a lot of traveling...and working. I believe my favorite photos are of the food and drink...as it should be!
    *high paw*
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blimy that's quite the trip Clapton!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me tired just reading about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Ello for you. This is where you can say ello for me and leave some forts. I like it when peeple be sayin fings