Sunday 13 April 2014

To the Dunes...

Hello my friends.....I had to accompany the typist to the Netherlands this week....this is not the first time I have done this and we have a bit of a routine....

.....an early lunch at the train station to get us onto European time....we find it helps to start thinking in the new time zone as soon as possible....

.....no boring photos of the Eurostar this time my friends....we've all seen those before....here I am in Brussels...but where is the train?

.....eeek! ...its late......and that wasn't the worst of it....we got half way to Amsterdam and then the train stopped because a train had broken down on the tracks ahead of us......we had to collect all of the passengers from the first train onto our train because their train was completely broken...we ended up being two hours late getting to Amsterdam and almost missed our dinner!!....we regretted that early lunch.....

.....but at least we got to see the sun going down over the greenhouses.....

....we were not staying in Amsterdam...no, we went to a place by the sea for a special meeting......the room seems suitably comfortable....and I appear to have a bed of my own for once....

.....there is the sea!...and the beach too.....

....a comfy chair is always nice for whiling away the time when TT is in his meetings......

.....I am counting the stuff in the mini-bar to make sure he hasn't been spending pocket money he should have saved for something more useful....oh look! ...chocolate....

.....I had my own dressing room...a dog likes to keep his fur smart.......

...I wonder if they could cope with mo-hair?.....

....I opted to groom myself after all.....its rather smart here and I want to look my best....apparently President Obama stayed here last week....he has left it nice and tidy for me....

....the hotel is built in the sand dunes....here I am in the dunes...they appear to be mostly grass......

.....I did get to enjoy some time mooching on the beach whilst typist did some work.....but I don't like to get too much sand in my furs....


.....there is always room service to liven up a dully day......

.....I ordered a club sandwich and chips!.....


...and took the odd nap......

...oh tsk tsk....we need not have taken the train after all....I could have flown us here in my helicopter.....

....I know Mr Obama is a brainy chap...he appears to have left his chess set for me to play with.....

...hmmm....too windy for the helicopter after all......

....the hotel had left some helpful instructions for me by the beach....but it was all in Dutch.....

....hopefully the work is going Ok back there...he tells me its important stuff....
...*sigh*...but before you know it we are back at the train station and coming home....what a blur....was it really just two days?....

7 comments:

  1. You look so funny on that huge chair, Clapton!

    Lots of Woofs from Earl an I at Earl's World!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clapton!!! You got to stay in the PRESIDENTIAL Suite??? OMD that is Top Shelf fur SURE.
    Glad that you found the shower cap.
    We LOVED the VIEW... and that Chair is PERFECT fur relaxing in... as you consider your next chess move.
    Sorry that the train broke and you were so hungry.
    Thank you fur taking US to Amsterdam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do get about Clapton. You must be smellin right lovely after all that posh hotel stayin n spa in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clapton, you get to visit the best of places with TT! I am so very jealous of all your train rides and fancy hotel rooms. *sigh* I hope you had a wonderful time on your short adventure. I bet Lola was glad to see you come home.
    *high paw*
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pawsum wepawt Clapton! Woz yoo pwetendin be wun dem Vikins on dat beech nd sittin in dat fwone?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such exciting adventures, Clapton. I think the Netherlands looks very exciting. In fact, I have my face buried in my own NetherRegions quite often. (Was that rude? I sense you're making a face.)

    Safe journeys, friend!

    SirDougal

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are probably the worlds best traveled dog!

    ReplyDelete

Ello for you. This is where you can say ello for me and leave some forts. I like it when peeple be sayin fings