Thursday 3 January 2013

Dog in The Smoke....

Hello my dear friends....we had such a busy day today that I wanted to update you all straight away....and we shall do that in a proper newspaper style.....

...I was fitted into my new Furst Class Rucksack Travelling Pocket....I have room for some company too!

...and settled into the journey to London on the 11.44 to Waterloo....*sigh*...the perils of commuting...

...I caught up on the important events from yesterday....it's a bad day for Mr Davidson..."Nick Nicked"!

*BUMP*....oh my word....should I be wearing a seatbelt?....

...that's better....all secure again........time for a nap before we get to the Big Smoke....

...I admired the Victorian architecture at Waterloo station....

...and we walked through the big crowds of happy tourists.....

Can you tell where I am yet?......

I shall be the MP for Terriershire one day.....we shall introduce the Compulsory Daily Nap....

...the section of our party who suffer from vertigo vetoed the idea of a trip on the Eye and so we crossed The Thames....

...to see the Battle of Britain Memorial on the Embankment.....*bows head in memory of our brave airmen and women*

...to the Planes!.....

..people say its dangerous in the Big City but I must say I felt safe and well looked after...

....I asked typist if we could buy a pied-à-terre but he said they might be a bit expensive...

....the locals seemed friendly enough....*coooooo*....but they speak a strange dialect....

....and the roads are VERY BUSY......*runrunrun*...... 
....but we made it safely to the ICA....the Institute of Claptonian Art...(* I think)....

....er....here we are in the bar.....ooops....just for lunch though!!.....mmmmm, soup

....I was exhibiting some work from my Blue Period....this one I call Blue McNuggets....

....and this one is a sophisticated battenburg for @ollyted....cake as art.....

....on our way back to Waterloo we stopped by Canada House to see of @thegobros and @zoetheborder were in...but apparently they don't live here exactly....

....I was promised I could meet Admiral Nelson in Trafalgar Square....*peers round*...

...Can anyone see him?......

...I would call him...but I have not brought my mobile....

....we walked back to the river....and the wind played havoc with my smart new fur-do.....you can see a very blurry St Pauls behind me....

....and that's The Shard....it's a bit smaller than I thought it would be...it doesn't look 310 metres tall does it?

...never mind, we can catch some culture at The South Bank .....*sips cappuccino in the lobby*....

...and finally we got close to Nelson!....but it's Mr Mandela this time....
*sigh*...it was such an exciting day...but now it's time to go home again....

Woof....Clapton, Border Terrier HQ...

10 comments:

  1. Wow, Clapton! Wot a great trip. You saw lots of very exciting and interesting fings. I am sorry that I was not in when you came by Canada House, I was at the spa having my beard fluffed. Next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wot a wundahful repawt clapton nd i luffd seein th battenberg nd that yew fort of mee! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clapton, Terrier Traveler Extraordinaire! Such a fabulous trip and wonderful photos. I feel as if I was there with you!
    *high paws*
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow did you have a special day. That new seat pack looks a bit uncomfortable, BOL
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clapton you are M.E.T.G. (Most Excellent Tour Guide)indeed! thanks fur showing us around London...your new travel pocket looks extra comfy

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMD CLAPTON you are an amazing Tour Guide.. WE loved seeing thingys from YOUR pawspective.

    Brilliant Job Clapton. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved reading about your trip, Big C, what a great day you had.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ty so much Clapton for letting us see London again xxx's

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the guided tour Clapton, its been so long since Mum lived in London that the big ferris wheel wasn't there when she was there. Is that "The Eye". Bet you had to have a lie down for a week after all that walkin.

    ReplyDelete

Ello for you. This is where you can say ello for me and leave some forts. I like it when peeple be sayin fings