Thursday 10 January 2013

To see Grandma

Hello everyone....*waves*...it's me again, Clapton your roving repawter....see what I did there?

I found myself in the back of the car last Friday morning keeping watch over Lola...we are off to Grandma's house for a late Christmas family get-together....up the motorway we go....


...on the first afternoon we went to the big reservoir where Marley used to like to go walking....we checked for peemail from @ernietheborder and @eddietheborder and @3_legtommy but we could not find any....


....but cousing Lily came along....look at her go.....she's amazingly fast for a little dog with short legs....but it was muddy and when she got home typist had to give her a bath...Lily isn't talking to him anymore....


...LOla did not get a minute's rest because of the pesky fast-moving red carpet dot....she chased it for hours but never seemed to quite catch up with it....we suspect William had something to do with this but we can't prove it....yet....


...poor Lola qas quite worn out by it all....and on Saturday she could not be roused from the warm spot on the under-floor heating at Grandma's her bed


....William  tried to tell me there are Lions in Derbyshire......but I don't believe him.....


...in any case, we had a mission for Saturday and I got wrapped up in my new Christmas scarf....a bit too Dr Who do you think?


....and we prepared to go exploring......


...here I am in Bakewell outside the world famous Bakewell Pudding shop...Bloomers....


...and choosing my pudding carefully....they are very yummy indeed....


....and then off to Brocklehursts to choose some new wellies for the Typist....William has grown into his old pair....BOL....


....and we paid a quick visit to the Rohan shop in honour of our pal @rohanthe BT ...and the ladies in the shop remembered his visit....and I hope they remember ours....


...we paid a visit to the Monsal Head....where we had lunch....ahem....


....and a nice cool drink....


.....but you come to Monsal Dale for the views really....an amazing "seenik" as my friend Shawnee would say....


....there is a big tunnel under the hills there where a railway used to run but it's now used by walkers and cyclists.....its a bit scary....oooooh....WAIT FOR ME......


....i said WAIT FOR ME......


....at least Lola is waiting....shortly before running into a garden to harass the bunny


....I am Heathcliff Terrier......


Oh....Lily....you are all muddy again....but this time your family are here and they will have to take bath duties.....


I like Derbyshire very much....*Baaaaa*....but I dont really speak the language....


...even if I am Farmer Clapton.....


....all that walking and running with Lily has quite exhausted poor Lola.....


*sigh*.....back to Surrey....

13 comments:

  1. You get to visit all da best places. I be quite jelluss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clapton you take us to the bestest places. You are a super Repawter.

    Did you know that your have the word varification thingy turned on for your comments?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Clapton, what a wonderful trip for you and the family!!! I think you just look smashing in your scarf!

    Poor Lola...her photos always make me laugh. She just too silly sometimes. BOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an adventure! Bet you can run just as fast as Lily
    Snorts
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellos Clapton! Gwate repawtin gen pal! Wot luvly twip - puddins walks nd evil wed fingz to chase - fur eaven!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow looks like so much fun, and typist as been to that Bakewell shop!!

    P.S love the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun trip pal! You is such a good story teller and your photographer is very talented too #woof

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMD, wot a pawsome seenik that was, thanks! (I is referring to Monsal Dale - mom is still on wot she thinks be a seenik that furst picture - you has any idea why?) Hey, you really think Marley and my Dixie is up there at the bridge hotrodding around in the Hikemobile I? I bet they is hasing some furry good times. I thought the Hikemobile got deaded fur a reason and now I know why - those two needed some wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your wonderful tour of Derbyshire and great pictures of you handsome Clapton and of you sweet Lola xxx's

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clapton you is a wonderful story teller and the height of fashun wiv your Chrissmus scarf. Lovely to see Lola havin such a good time even fo she terriorised a poor bunny.Keep up da good work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful adventure you took us on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Clapton and Lola what a lovely time you had wiv yr famileee fanks for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, you were but a stones throw away! Love it round there. Our favourite thing from Bloomers in Bakewell is the homity pie. Glad you had a good trip.

    ReplyDelete

Ello for you. This is where you can say ello for me and leave some forts. I like it when peeple be sayin fings